Buildings are more than just bricks, wood or steel they are the spaces that people live, work and play, every day. We’re passionate about using our expertise in best-practice building science to create a brighter future for New Zealand with better, healthier, stronger places for people to work and live.
We are looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our great company and help build a dynamic engineering function that compliments our existing suite of professional services. We have a large base of existing work that is currently outsourced that will form the basis of your initial work while we work with you to build a team and develop new areas of work.
The position is based in our modern offices in Grafton, Auckland. We will be offering you an excellent remuneration package that is complimented with coverage of your IPENZ subscriptions, our internal comprehensive staff development programme, dedicated parking and support for your on-going CPD requirements.
The person we are looking for will:
- Have a tertiary qualification in engineering, be a Chartered Professional Engineer, and have at least ten years relevant experience in New Zealand
- Be experience in commercial and residential design, quality control, construction supervision and will have led projects from concept to completion
- Be great at solving issues and finding alternative solutions to problems with existing buildings
- Have experience in developing and leading a team
- Be client focused, with strong business, relationship communication and interpersonal skills
- Be a self-starter that wants to progress in their profession and keep learning
- Be a team player and want to play a key leadership role in our business