Our building surveyors provide expert advice on how building enclosures perform. Our various levels of investigation are tailored to a building’s unique situation to help minimise the disruption and costs. Depending on your property, specialised investigation might also be recommended, such as façade testing, hygrothermic data collection or testing samples in an independent lab.
We provide the following Building Surveying services:
- Forensic Investigations
- Construction Monitoring
- Condition Surveys and Maintenance Planning
- Asbestos Management Planning & Asbestos Surveys
Our building surveyors provide expert advice on how building enclosures perform. Building surveyors have a comprehensive knowledge of building enclosures. They understand the complex interaction of materials, building code requirements, legislation, design and environment. Surveyors at Alexander & Co. assist clients by identifying and developing solutions to building failure, preparing conceptual and technical solutions, and managing the design and delivery of construction projects.
Construction Monitoring / Observation
Our construction monitoring service provides supplementary quality observation to ensure the following:
- That the work is completed in accordance with the contract documents including all drawings and specifications and the manufacturers’ technical literature for the products and materials installed.
- Good trade practice.
- Compliance with the Contractor’s Quality Plan.
- Compliance with the Building Consent.
- Compliance with the NZ Building Code.
Engineer to the Contract
It has always been Alexander & Co Ltd’s policy to monitor the remedial work it has designed. The importance of this role is now recognised by a number of territorial authorities, which require it in conjunction with re-cladding projects. This identifies three principal functions as follows:
- Ensuring the contractor understands and implements the design documents
- Evidence collection
- Builder payment claim and processing
Condition Surveys and Maintenance Planning
The objectives of our condition survey and maintenance planning service are as follows:
- To determine the current condition of the building enclosure components and services.
- To determine the remaining life of components i.e. roof cladding, wall cladding, joinery, plumbing and water, electrical, heating/ventilation & mechanical systems.
Asbestos Management Planning & Surveys
We have fully trained and experienced personnel that can support you with the development of an Asbestos Management Policy and the delivery of asbestos surveys to enable your full compliance with legislation. The surveys will identify the risk of Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM) being present in your building to support your ongoing maintenance planning.
For expert building surveying services contact us today to discuss your project.