Independent Construction Quality Assurance
Modern building construction is complex. There are dozens of specialty contractors, consultants and architects undertaking complex installations often overlapping each other. While quality control obligations by contractors, architects and consultants are contractually required. The building industry tends to work in silos with insufficient communication and understanding between different parties. Retaining a single entity overseeing the construction on the Owner’s behalf has many benefits.
The objectives of Independent Construction Quality Assurance are to:
- Assist with preserving design integrity throughout the build.
- Review the contractor quality control program.
- Provide quality assurance management spanning across different disciplines.
- Identification of deviations from the construction plans and specifications.
- Identify construction issues perceived to be outside or not covered by the design.