Experience, expertise and science in building.
Alexander and Co. Ltd are the building enclosure experts. A building enclosure is the part(s) of the building, above or below ground, that separates the interior environment from the exterior environment. We offer a range of services for building enclosures.
Having investigated more than 700 buildings, you can trust us to deliver a long-term solution and maximum value with a plan tailored specifically to you and your project. Our in-house architects also work closely with our technical team. Together they design solutions that are based on sound scientific understanding while still being as beautiful as they are functional. Our approach begins with seamless, practical advice and information. We then work with you to find the best solutions for your building and the people who still live or work there.
Alexander & Co. Ltd employ licensed building practitioners (LPBs). LBPs are designers, carpenters, brick and blocklayers, roofers, external plasterers, site and foundations specialists who have been assessed by the Building Practitioners Board of New Zealand to be competent to carry out work essential to a residential building's structure or weathertightness.
Services we provide:
For true depth and breadth of experience in all aspects of remedial building work, contact our team of experts today.
- Forensic investigation of building failure
- Leaking building investigations
- Indoor moisture investigations
- Assessment of buildability, sustainability and maintainability
- Energy efficiency auditing and modelling
- Obtaining building consents
- Tendering, negotiation and contract establishment with contractors
- Building monitoring services
- Engineer to contract
- Monitoring of compliance and quality
- Client representative / quality review
- Maintenance surveys
- Maintenance planning and management
- Estimating remedial costs
- Project cost control
- Client representative
- Expert witness quantity surveyors
- Value engineering
- Remedial design
- Design review of the building enclosure
- Sustainable design and auditing
- Design of new energy efficient non-residential building enclosures
Dispute Resolution Services
- Expert Witness
- Disciplinary reviews and investigations
- Adjudication of disputes under Construction Contracts Act 2002
- Façade weather resistance testing
- Air leakage testing
- On site electronic building performance monitoring (Hygrothermal Data Collection)
- Computer modelling of building performance